Well, I finally decided to try to get back on here.....I really haven't had much to say...nothing too eventful happenin'....and just really wasn't sure that you guys were reading....so I just kinda got out of the mood!! Hopefully, I will try to get going on it again...holidays are probably not a good time to try to start!!!
Thanksgiving is coming.....lots to be thankful for!! Family! Can't wait to see Cindi and Dylan...wish you were coming Suzie....glad that we live right here, smack in the middle of both sets of parents! Health! Isn't our family fortunate? Stress tests, biopsies and colonoscopies that come back good? I guess I could go on and on because we do have LOTS to be thankful for but those seem to be two of the really important ones that are popping in my head right now.
Well, I guess I better get busy....I have spent a day shopping in Old St. Charles with the ladies from church....Nick will be home from work in about a half hour and I'm looking forward to just relaxing and getting to bed early!
Love to you all!
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Just wanted to let you know that I did read your blog tonight and yes our family certainly have much to be thankful for. God has blessed our family so much through the years. I love Thanksgiving with all the good food and being with our family. We are looking forward to Cindi and Dylan coming, and so thankful for you Sandy and Nick and Seth living so close to us. We will miss you Suzie Rand, Blythie and Blissie. Sure wish you could be here. We'll eat your share of Turkey and dressing. Ha!
We enjoyed having Seth spend the night with us last night and getting to be with him all day today. He says and does such cute things. Papa enjoyed playing Solitaire with him and he helped Papa rake leaves. Such fun!!
Well, I'm getting ready to call it a day so I will be able to get up and be ready for church tomorrow morning.
Goodnight everyone and I love you all very much.
I'm glad you're back!! I was wondering if you were ever going to start it again. I enjoy reading about everyone.
Dylan and I are also looking forward to getting to Mom and Dad's on Wednesday. In fact, he said that he was going to come home and start packing tonight!! He just can't wait! I have bought a book to start reading when I get to Mom's. It's always so nice to get there away from the hustle and bustle around here. I have a feeling a lot of Dominos will be going on though!!
Dylan and I talk all the time about how blessed we are and how much we have been given. I can't think of anything we do without.
Please remember Wendell and Melba Gibbs. His cancer is in his throat to his groin and all of his lymph nodes and his hip bones. He is home for a week and then has to go back. He said he won't do the radiation but will try the chemo and an experimental drug. He's just not doing well right now and really needs our prayers. Melba does too. She has a lot on her with him and her Mom both who is also not well. Our church is very upset, he does so much to keep our church running. You just never know what each day is going to bring to you.
Our choir performed at the Thanksgiving service last night. Each choir from different churches performed one song. I think ours was the most upbeat. Even the black church was standing and swaying while we were singing!! They always encourage us! It's always a fun night and enjoyable to hear what other churches are singing.
Have a good day everyone and love to you all!
Post a Comment